frequently asked questions

We are sorry to advise that Upgrade Anytime is no longer available to new or existing customers

Q. I have an Upgrade Anytime agreement, can I upgrade?
A. As Currys PC World and ThinkSmart have stopped offering Upgrade Anytime, existing customers no longer have the option to apply to upgrade.

Q. What options do I have once I have made all of the payments?
A. Once you have made all of the payments due on your agreement (24) you have two options;

  1. You can return the equipment to us to end your agreement - to arrange for your equipment to be
    collected, please click here
  2. You can make four additional rental payments and retain use of the equipment

Q. What do I do if I no longer want to lease the equipment?
A. You may end your Hire Agreement at any time; however if you choose to end your Hire Agreement before you have made 24 hire payments an early termination amount will be payable and you will be asked to return the leased equipment.

Q. If I have missed a payment, what should I do?
A. If you miss a payment, and ultimately if you default on your Hire Agreement, you must return your equipment and pay a termination sum. If you are experiencing financial difficulties at any point, please call us on 0161 333 2400 - we will do our best to help you

Q. How do I make a complaint?

A. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with our service, and we want you to know we take complaints seriously and use them to review and imporve our products and services.
You can make a complaint by:

Phone - call us on 0161 333 2400
Online - select contact us in the menu bar
Email - [email protected]
Letter - Customer Service Team, Rentsmart Limited, Digital World, Lowry Plaza, The Quays, Salford, M50 3UB

If we have not been able to resolve your complaint within eight weeks, or you are not satisfied with our response, you can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The Financial Ombudsman Service is an independent organisation which helps to resolve complaints that customers and financial services providers have been unable to resolve themselves.

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the ombudsman believes that the delay was a result of exceptional circumstances.

You can contact them in writing at Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, by telephone on 0800 023 4567 and via email at [email protected].
Further details can be found by visiting the FOS website at